There is a feeling in this world that fortunately those who make intelligent, careful choices and those who fear the unseen, never go through. However, those of us who amble about life carelessly may happen to feel it. It is like the forbidden never land where you land up because you were living a certain way (careless or carefree, in the worldly sense).
So The Purple Frog calls that feeling suicide.
And trust it when it says, this feeling is different from ‘Gosh, I wish I were dead’ and go about doing the chores in a dreary sort of way and stress eating or sexing or drinking or working out or socialising etc etc etc.
It is a feeling
That can’t see a solution till as far as the mind can see and no hope till as far as the eyes can see and nobody till as far as the heart can feel. It is hollow. A bottomless pit. A black hole.
Whether or not one can muster up the moment to actually go about planning like arranging for the right/most painless equipment or ways (again, thanks to our non-violent way of growing up and non-American crime rates where we learn how to hold the gun the same year we say no to the milk bottle), the feeling is real.
Well, this is not a preachy post. Hearing stories of people, seeing people live resigned/apologetic lives because of being different or constantly arguing about life choices made by others (while ambling about carelessly/carefree), The Purple Frog hopes to help (if at all) someone from its own experience of turning prey to the thoughts of the same bottomless pit twice.
The first time the thought occurred,
It even took The Purple Frog by surprise. It had no idea that in the very modern set-up of our society those situations were rarely seen or when seen brought defamation and mockery. At that time, a friend, by chance, was around and through a column in his magazine sort of embarrassed The Purple Frog with his take on such thoughts and the feeling subsided because it is considered weak to even have such a thought. Completely forgotten…Compromised. Did exactly how mockery/defamation and all that brings peace in settings we live in. And it was bliss.
But an ambling heart doesn’t know all this. Five years later, again The Purple Frog found itself in a situation where the column-writing friend was also almost hoping – wish you were dead…A bottomless pit once again and this time no one to rescue except for a few SWEAR WORDS learnt but hardly used over the years of growing up. They just helped in keeping away all the friends/family-turned-foes.
The Power of the Second-Last
This is what The Purple Frog hopes to offer to all those who haven’t made some of the best choices or couldn’t live one etc etc etc.
- Plan a runaway. To a room/bathroom, to a café, to an old thinking spot in your city, to another city, to the hills, to the beach, to another country. Just find a corner that is all yours in this world. Even if it is that ‘unpopular decadence street’, trust The Purple Frog, land there because it is the Second Last. The last thought has already occurred to you and that’s the world’s gift to you. The Second Last is your gift to yourself.
- After all the drama (this will happen, inevitably) and taking an even bigger hit on YOU the person, once you have landed where you can think, go idyllic. As Lazy as the word LAZY implies.
- Wait for the day when you smile again. Genuinely. Trust The Purple Frog, that will happen.
- Just observe all that made you smile. A naked man/woman to the most pervert joke to the baby on the street to aromatic foods…it is all okay. Learn to smile again and do not forget to keep pushing back those who are coming in way of that smile. From cussing to silence, do what works for you. But, don’t ever use them with those who are already in some pit. Let them go. You will know them. They are in nobody’s way. They are themselves stuck in some pit. Be kind there.
- Next, observe whatever left you with a sense of accomplishment or a sense of finding some ground under your feet. It doesn’t have to be the most noted task of this planet. It can be as bold as directing an A-rated film (by finding actors that you don’t force and a country where it is legal!). As forgotten as a sport you quit early on in life or something as mechanical and non-appreciated as laying bricks. Just do and repeat. That will lead you away from the pit.
- But that one thing is a must-do for you, you will realise. That’s probably the only way you will remain on this planet without hitting the bottomless pit repeatedly.
- This exercise can last longer. It is just the start. But it is worth every bit because it keeps you away from the thoughts of the bottomless pit. Pushing away can last longer than expected.
- And remember, The Second Last is not only for the ones that have genuinely felt the last. For them it is urgent.
- For the others (not the intelligent ones who know how to live happily without affecting the happiness of others) – those who can go about life by simply feeling ‘Wish I were dead’ & are just tormenting those around – they also can find solace in the Second Last.
The Purple Frog’s Second Last is:
Making, admiring makers, exploring new materials, experimenting and devoting itself to the idea called ART. It also found its Second Last in the innocent eyes of animals, (Herbi+Carni) Vores alike.
Firstly, it takes a lot of courage to acknowledge the thought and perspective. However, sharing it is important because it may help someone, somewhere.
So this post is not for those who are just looking for an excuse to cuss or to make ugly, illegal MMSes or create mood & settings to lead more people to want to reach the bottomless pit.
Share this thought: